Rules of Applying for a Long-range-visit
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2019-08-07
- Count Views：1454
- Applicant’s qualification: If the one of the following situations happens to the inmate’s spouse, lineal ascendants or descendants, collateral relatives within the third degree, and relatives by affinity within the second degree –
- Because of the serious disease or disability, cannot register for the visit from far away.
- Over 50 years old
- Suffering from the natural disaster, serious accident, or other emergencies, need to contact with the inmate immediately.
- Methods of application: Providing the related papers (National ID Card or the household certificate) and send it to the correction organization by certified mail or fax.
- Rules of Application and Visit
- It is allowed to apply for the long-range-visit once a week, and the limited time is 30 minutes. With the special reasons or approved by the head of the organization are not included.
- If the inmate is forbidden to have visit or receive letters, or still under the check because of illegal behavior, the long-range-visit will not be accepted.
- To apply for the first long-range-visit, you should fill in the application form and send it to the correction organization by certified mail or fax one week beforehand as top priority. After the application is approved, the applicant will be informed the date and time of the visit by phone, letter or email.
- Before having the long-range-visit, if the inmate has illegal behavior or other reasons, the visit will be canceled. The applicant and the closer responsible organization of the long-range-visit will be informed by phone or email.
- After the long-range-visit is approved, the applicant should bring the papers to the closer responsible organization and fill in the long-range-visit registration form. Failing to have the long-range-visit for three times, you will not be able to apply for it again within the following three months.
- If the following situation happens, the closer responsible organization can turn down the visit:
A. not bringing the national ID Card
B. having suspicious behavior
C. being an alcoholic or mentally handicapped Without registration, no one can visit the inmate with the applicant.